[Magdalen] Smaller but not Forgotten.

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 2 17:22:45 UTC 2014

I think that was the last time I saw the Met. I attended a performance there in the early 80's. I forgot which opera, it was just the change to see the Met. It must have been standard repertoire; because I would have remembered if I had seen something special beyond the Met itself. The Met on tour was my first professional opera experience. My mother took me to Aida in the mid 50's and just before that we went to an amateur performance of Carmen in a local high school auditorium. Not too long (a few years) after that I saw Andrea Chenier at the Baths of Caracalla in 1957

Joe