[Magdalen] Smaller but not Forgotten.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:07:22 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 11:30 AM, James Oppenheimer-Crawford
<oppenheimerjw at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is the auditorium formerly known as Avery Fisher Hall. They had to pay
> the Fisher family fifteen million to get them to give up the name.

Bummer...I've always liked that name, Avery Fisher Hall.

I've attended performances in Avery Fisher Hall (NY Phil) and the New
York State Theater (NY City Opera, Don Giovanni) but have never been
inside the Metropolitan Opera House. Here's hoping we don't end up
with Google Concert Hall, the Toys 'R' Us Theater, and the dogpile.com
Opera House. <shudder> Well, that last one is rather unlikely, I
admit. :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA