[Magdalen] Please! Clap your hands!

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 04:14:00 UTC 2014

Well, we did it again.  We watched the latest version of Peter Pan.

Each generation repeats the same liturgy.  We laugh out loud with delight
as the children learn to fly.

As Tinkerbelle is dying, we all clap our hands -- "Yes! We believe in
faeries!" -- and, yes maybe a trace of a tear, as we watch Tink's light
return.

Wendy grows up and Peter returns to bring her back to Neverland for Spring
cleaning, but it's too late for her. She's grown up now.

But her daughter will go with Peter.  And, some day, maybe her daughter,
and her daughter's daughter...

I remember watching the incomparable Mary Martin play Peter -- just a few
moments ago.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente