[Magdalen] Travel prayers "+".

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 5 04:56:15 UTC 2014

With all the really serious prayer requests happening, I feel ashamed to ask what I'm asking here.  But I will anyway.

Saturday morning, before the roosters even care to wake up, I'll be picking up my friend I've been talking about lately and taking her to the Oakland airport to travel to New Hampshire to visit her two biological daughters and her only two grandchildren.  She will be returning on Thursday, me also picking her up and taking her home.  Travel prayers for me, as I've only driven to the Oakland airport in broad daylight before, and obvious travel prayers for her, as the last thing either of us want is for her to get snowed in and unable to return on schedule.

The bit about the roosters is that she lives in Prunedale, a rural community just north of Salinas, and the only thing modern about her subdivision is the gate I must punch the code into to manage successful ingress.  The bit about her being the "friend I've been talking about lately" is that that's who she is, and Saturday morning in the black of 6:00 am she and I will see each other for the first time in 31.5 years.  It will be very hard to drive 1.5 hours to Oakland looking dutifully straight ahead like a good driver should, instead of glancing constantly to the right to behold her (to me) lovely visage.  Truth is, we're hitting the Prunedale Starbucks before hitting the road, so we'll have some coffee-shop light to behold each other in before the journey.