[Magdalen] Mary Did You Know? (small rant)

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 00:44:33 UTC 2014

This song has always annoyed me, and I couldn't quite put my finger on why
until today when I saw a meme on Facebook that nailed it. It was a Grumpy
Cat meme, which I normally wouldn't pay much attention to, but this one was
Orthodox Grumpy Cat. On one side of the panel it said "Mary Did You Know?"
On the other side was the well-known Grumpy Cat, captioned "Of course she
did. Now shut up." And it hit me...THAT was what bugged me about the song!
Mary may not have known *exactly* what miracles Jesus was going to do, but
if she was paying attention during the Annunciation, OF COURSE she knew who
He was!

/rant mode off. There, I feel better now.