[Magdalen] Please! Clap your hands!

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 02:33:00 UTC 2014

You can read all about it, but the BL is that if they used a boy, then all
the other children would have to be smaller.  Since actors under 14 were
not permitted to work after 9PM, it was a no-brainer: a woman played the
part from the beginning.  As for any objections one way or another, that
ship too has sailed. males have played the part frequently.  Having seen
the inimitable Mary Martin as well as Kathy Rigby and Sandy (hubuh) Duncan,
the tradition is set. for this cultural region.

It was as usual a great story.

I found the actual book several years ago, and just sat down and read it.
A very interesting read.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente