[Magdalen] Illuminating Illumination.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 18:04:17 UTC 2014

It is a brilliant, but cold day (currently 32 F/0 C here in the  Poconos
of Pennsylvania.  This time of the year the sun rises far to the  south
of my home which is close to being oriented to the cardinal points.

In the 28 years I've lived here I have never seen the brief (about ten
minutes)
brilliant illumination of my kitchen via the dining room windows on  the
south side of the house.  My kitchen is not well lit ordinarily, but  for
that
ten minutes it was bathed in pure gold.  It was unreal.

I've read stories of Aztec and Maya and also Egyptian buildings that  have
been so constructed that on one day a year, the light penetrates  inside
completely.  England has some of this, as well.

After my kitchen illumination this morning, I can believe all these
stories.

David Strang remembering that Proper text for Candlemas that goes:
"To be a light to lighten the Gentiles, and to the glory of thy people,
Israel."