[Magdalen] testing w/ a new ISP

Don Boyd thedonboyd at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 9 21:05:28 UTC 2014

My rough count indicates that about 12 or 14 people post rather frequently
(2 or more times a week) and that 40-something have posted at least once in
2014.  Some of the lurkers may in fact be absentees who simply didn't bother
to unsubscribe.

If I remember correctly, Magdalen was birthed by former subscribers to St.
Sam's who were uncomfortable with the snark and snarl style of some other
subscribers who apparently thought that disagreement was an attack on their
correctness and therefore warranted counterattack.

At least one, maybe two, other lists drew subscribers from the same pool
(all Anglicans, clergy or lay, wanting to discuss broad range of topics
relevant to the practice of Anglican Christianity).    Then there some more
specialized lists--musicians, etc.  Posts to Magdalen have been monitored so
as to maintain civility (which, absent monitors, St Sam's sometimes lacked).

Anglicans Online used to list online communities with descriptions, but
looking at AO today I did not find that listing.