[Magdalen] Where to go?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 9 22:31:17 UTC 2014

Friends,

I know I have mentioned this before but I am still undecided about my
projected 2015 trip.  I had thought about it being to the Southern USA
in November but frost in Florida in November has put me off that idea so
I wondered about the states bordering Canada in June.  The question then
is what would I do?  I admit I am not a great one for museums and art
galleries, particularly now I am on my own.  As somebody said to me the
other day, you want somebody to talk with as you go round such places.
(A real expert might want to make a detailed study on their own but that
is not me.)

Somebody suggested Quebec and Montreal as being worth visiting, but I
don't think I would want to spend a week in each.  Perhaps I could take
a trip across to Halifax, skirting round Maine as I doubt the rental car
agreement would let me "cut the corner" and my map doesn't show a main
road across there anyway.

Any concrete suggestions so I can make some bookings?

Roger