[Magdalen] Internet capability

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 10 22:42:05 UTC 2014

Today I went to London with some other people ti visit some charcterful
pubs.  On the way down on the train one of my companions got a call on
his cell-phone from a client with a problem.  His G4 enabled smartphone
was already powered up and connected so while on the phone to his client
he was able remotely to log onto her system, end the task that needed to
be ended and sort her problem.

Given our recent conversations here once he had finished his service
call I observed that it was less than 20 years ago that commercial
organizations had access to the Net and here he was sorting out a
problem remotely from a train.  He agreed it is mind-boggling to think
about what has happened so quickly in communications technology.

Roger