[Magdalen] POP account problem

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 01:52:03 UTC 2014

I use Gmail as my hub and pull in all my other email accounts
(Comcast, Yahoo, RCN, couple of others) into there. And in Gmail I can
send an email and designate that I want it to look like it came from
Comcast (not often) or use another From address (like
brothergregory.chicago at gmail.com). So my other accounts revolve around
Gmail like the planets around the sun.

Feel free to ignore this email if it isn't a helpful idea. :) I know
I'm suggesting something other than what you're trying to do. But what
you're doing may well be doable with Windows Live as the "sun."

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 7:46 PM, Lynn Ronkainen <ichthys89 at comcast.net> wrote:
> From: "James Handsfield" <jhandsfield at att.net>
>> Gmail works best when you set it up as an IMAP account.
>

> ok... I do know that is the 'other' option. I've been told if I delete it,
> even temporarily, the mail in the Windows Live account, attributed to that
> account, will vanish.  Is it possible to change it in the WLprogram and then
> go into gmail and change it there?
>
> Do all ISPs allow IMAP?  I was Comcast and am now ATT.
>
> Lynn, crazy busy with work and dealing with a recently updated iPhone that
> is not behaving, *and* this email mess...
>
> Thanks for continued advice... bring it on!
>
> peace
> Lynn
>
> My email  is changing soon to: houstonKLR at gmail.com
>

> website: www.ichthysdesigns.com
>
> When I stand before God at the end of my life I would hope that I have not a
> single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything You gave me."
> attributed to Erma Bombeck
>
> Thomas Merton writes, "People may spend their whole lives climbing the
> ladder of success only to find, once they reach the top, that the ladder is
> leaning against the wrong wall."
>
> "What you seek is seeking you." - Rumi

> Try deleting the account on your computer and set it up again using IMAP.
>>

>> -----------------
>> Thinking one can behave their way into heaven is an insult to the very
>> foundation of salvation.
>>
>> Jim Handsfield
>> jhandsfield at att.net <mailto:jhandsfield at att.net>
>>

>>> On Dec 11, 2014, at 7:19 PM, Lynn Ronkainen <ichthys89 at comcast.net
>>> <mailto:ichthys89 at comcast.net>> wrote:
>>>
>>> (please no lectures on MS Live)... I'm struggling to 'admit' two
>>> different POP accounts into my Windows Live account, both are Gmail addys.
>>> Both were in the hopper but one never worked - error password messages when
>>> it tried to process incoming mail.  I changed the password through Google,
>>> re entered it into the account settings and now neither gmail address, both
>>> set up for POP to my new ISP server through Windows Live is sending or

Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA