[Magdalen] Where to go?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 12 11:08:37 UTC 2014

On 12/12/2014 01:53, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> Quebec City IS fabulous... and if there, spurge one night at the
> Chateau Frontenac, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_Frontenac
> even if you get the cheapest room (maybe no more cheap rooms, I see it
> is now run by 'The Fairmont' chain)  In 1980 it was named a historic
> landmark in Canada... it overlooks the St. Lawrence from a CLIFF!!!
> Also Roger, if you're that close to that area, consider a tour of the
> 1,000 islands - in the westernmost part of the St. Lawrence before it
> enters Lake Ontario. BTW... have you seen ANY Of the Great Lakes?
> really worth a look... If you were in Toronto,  you must have seen
> Lake Ontario... L. Superior is my favorite, followed by L. Huron (on
> the E side of Michigan, my home state).

I saw Michigan back in 2012 and, as you say, Ontario last year as well
as the previous year from Rochester.  I can't remember if I saw Superior
from the train last year and it would only have been some of the inlets
of Huron.  The previous year we went past Erie in the dark.  Having said
that last year's flight path to Houston went partly over Huron and
substantially over Michigan.

Roger