[Magdalen] Siege in Sydney

L R houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 15:51:29 UTC 2014

Sally writes: It cannot help in these situations if we don't have a sense
of who the
hostage takers are, or what they want - but surely it is more of an issue
that a guy like this can be free to do what he likes, get weapons and so on
given his violent and abusive history. Much more of an issue than whatever
violent ideology he happens to be espousing.

Here in the US, the Surgeon General's nomination, has been held up for 12
months by those who found his personal stance on gun control a 'threat' to
confirming him. He had equated the 'gun problem' in the US as akin to a
disease. Finally yesterday, he was confirmed after a statement he had made
indicating that stance was not going to be promoted from the SG's office
was widely disseminated.

Lynn

--

www.ichthysdesigns.com