[Magdalen] neighborhood news

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 20:12:52 UTC 2014

Well, growing up in Madison within literal hearing distance of Camp Randall
Stadium, in a neighborhood that was quite literally Coachville kind of
makes one very aware of what's going on athletically. At the time I was
growing up, our neighborhood was home to the head and freshman football
coaches and one of the other (defensive maybe?) football coaches also, one
of the basketball coaches, the track and cross-country coach, and the
swimming coach. IIRC the rowing coach also levied in the area. This is no
longer true, as the university now pays enough for them to live in much
tonier neighborhoods.