[Magdalen] Hospice update

Jon Egger revegger at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 01:12:47 UTC 2014

Hello to all of you folks!

There are no words for how well hospice is taking care of me other than gr
​a​
ce upon grace.  RN and bath aide come twice a week.  Social worker and
chaplain
​also visit weekly.  all of my meds are on their list so I won't have any
out of pocket costs for as long as I am in their care.  My meds are
delivered, also.​  I now have a DPOA (Dawn first, Philip second) and a
lovely salmon colored paper ​DNR on my fridge door.  There is a bag of
emergency meds in my fridge which the nurse counts every week.

We are still tweaking pain meds.  The 25 mg oral tramadol is not cutting it
anymore, so the doc changed that to 50 mg every four hours, and hopefully
the oxycontin to cover the tramadol will be here in the morning.  I am
sleeping well for the first time in a long time and my main problem is
boredom.  Luckily I have lots of books on my nook.

I will not let myself drive anymore.  Three near accidents has taught me
that lesson.  My mind also wanders a lot and for some reason I'm incapable
of making common right turns.  I'm selling it to one of our best friends
who no longer has a vehicle.  She was over earlier to pick it up.  I'll
sign over the title to her (when I can find it) after the new year.  She's
willing to buy it at blue book value which is about 4000USD, and plans to
pay me about 200/month.

Many small graces have left me humbled muchly in this Advent.

+++
Grace & peace,
​o​