[Magdalen] Listgiv arrival

Susan Hutchinson shutchinsonca at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 22:46:47 UTC 2014

In an unusual Saturday delivery from Canada Post, a parcel from Oz has just arrived chez Hutchinson here in Vancouver. Thank you Lesley! It will go under the tree at my sister's for the big morning next week.

Christmas eve will be spent at my cousin's. He and his wife had twins last year and represent the youngest members of clan at this point. They also have the big house. So they became the default location for the traditional family get together. Turkey, ham and all the trimmings for a British-Canadian Christmas dinner, with new things added I suspect, as my cousin's wife (they got married about 2 years ago) is South Asian-Canadian. Yum! There will be a gift exchange game, some singing, and a minimum of 22 people ranging in age from one to 85.

Christmas day will be at my sister's as previously mentioned. My mother's cousin and his wife, my sister and brother-in-law, her son, and I will Skype with my niece (in Wisconsin with the American boyfriend) and have a relaxed morning opening of stockings and gifts. Followed by brunch, traditional games and the exchange of family stories.

We are looking at mild Christmas here on the wet coast, so no white Christmas this year, heck I am not even sure we will need a sweater. But nevertheless, it looks like a good one!

And yes, my own listgiv will be on it's way momentarily easterly.

love and blessings to you all, may Christ's love and the joy of the Incarnation be with you!

Susan
thankful for this community since 1994!

The Rev. Susan Hutchinson
604-319-7148