[Magdalen] Milo again

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 22:08:28 UTC 2014

Poor little Milo is back in the wars again...

We came back from a lovely weekend away, no reports of problems from our
house sitters and Milo came out to greet us. But he was off his food this
evening and then started vomiting bloody stuff. It settled briefly then
started again, by which time I was worried enough to call the emergency
vet.

We now have him home after an antibiotic injection and an anti-nausea
injection...not the vet's first preference which would have been for
hospitalisation on a drip and running blood tests in the morning. The cost
of that is prohibitive so I've opted for symptomatic treatment and will try
to get some fluid into him with a syringe, hoping it will stay down. We
have to call the vet tomorrow and re-assess. If better, Milo can try some
boiled chicken and rice, if not better, I'm not sure what comes next.

The trouble is we don't know the cause of the bleeding - could be a gastric
ulcer, an infection, or even a tumour. He's in a lot of discomfort and
fussing constantly so we have him in his box inside.

Off to try some vetinerary night nursing....

Sally D