[Magdalen] Music memories

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 15:36:11 UTC 2014

In a message dated 12/23/2014 10:25:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

It  always takes me surprise when a piece of music triggers an unexpected
memory.  I was just listening to "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" on NPR and
remembered  the first I ever sang it. I was absolutely there  again.>>>>

This was a favorite of the Extraordinary Form RC Rite (the Tridentine  Latin
Rite) people locally.  Because of the rules about the integrity of  this
Latin
Rite, they had to develop a Latin text for the piece.

Can you imagine singing "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" in Latin?   :-)

David Strang.