[Magdalen] Music memories

Louise Laughton llaug at twcny.rr.com
Wed Dec 24 15:44:07 UTC 2014

Same here in the small coastal North Carolina town where we lived. It attracts Northern retirees now and heartbreaking beach development, but then it was still "back of the beyond." The music director at church and at the high school was the same person, a man who had returned to the place he came from after several years on the music scene in the Twin Cities. The music of my high school years (early to mid-1950s) at school and at church was glorious because of him. We sang choral music that seems in retrospect to have been beyond us -- but wasn't.