[Magdalen] Jennifer Durand honored

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 02:29:56 UTC 2014

Every December the Charlottesville paper produces a series called
Distinguished Dozen about people in the community who are making or have
made exceptional contributions to the community.
Yesterday was the first in this year's series, and it featured the
assistant rector at the Church of Our Saviour, which was my home parish.
Jennifer has ALS and is still working in the parish, though the only
movement she has now is of her head, with which she operates her
wheelchair. A metal dot of some kind mounted on her forehead moves a cursor
to select text on the computer which is then read in a surprisingly
natural-sounding voice.  At any rate, I thought some of you might like to
read the article:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/distinguished-dozen-als-doesn-t-stop-minister/article_55358e0a-8b0c-11e4-a5f9-abcece91bfad.html

A few months ago the church staff participated in the ice bucket challenge
with Jennifer doing the countdown from the sidelines.  They posted the
video on FB.

--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

It's a good thing Mary didn't have to wait for a Doctrine of the
Incarnation
before she said "Yes" to God.