[Magdalen] Travel prayers.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 26 21:54:02 UTC 2014

On 26/12/2014 20:59, M J [Mike] Logsdon wrote:
> Tomorrow morning, Everett and I hit the road for Sparks, Nevada, and Mom, set to come back on Tuesday.  The Mountain is clear for tomorrow, with "Slight Chc Snow Shwrs" on our Tuesday return.  Grrr.  A shower is not a blizzard, eh?  And Slight is Slight.  Thank goodness my tires are less than a year old.

A shower, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder - as is slight
snow.  Those from more Northerly climes will think nothing of a show
deposit that causes chaos further South where they don't know (and/or
don't have the equipment) to deal with it.  That is the case round here
where we are under a weather warning for snow but currently it is only rain.

After an afternoon at my brother's yesterday, which involved driving
back in the dark along I don't know that well and has lots of turns, I
head off on Sunday to see my son and his family.  I have decided to take
the train rather than drive (easier on nerves and wallet). Two problems,
the first being that he has a poorly car so we will be catching a bus
for the last bit of the journey, as well as the coach I will catch for
the first bit.

The second is that (as often happens) engineering works on the railway
are overrunning so they will have a special timetable. Hopefully this
won't affect me too much as I will be catching the train at the point
where it should resume its normal timetable.

Roger