[Magdalen] 30 Years of Sobriety.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 19:19:37 UTC 2014

Anonymity of the program has always served well, but in the past several
years, it has become a bit less of a stigma for a person to say they go to
meetings.  As the chaplain's liaison for my unit, I was sent to a number of
conferences, much of the core heavy lifting of which was done by folks who
were attending meetings.  The ability of some folks to come forward and
talk about their life has been something of an inspiration for others.

Most recently, we watch a sort of take-off on Sherlock Holmes in which the
lead character is wrestling with his addiction and is attending meetings.
And we observe, week by week, how his handling of his own addiction has
made him a happier more deeply human individual.

Bill had no idea how much help he was going to inspire for so many people
of all walks of life.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente