[Magdalen] Religion Without God?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 22:25:21 UTC 2014

I'm not a big fan of UUs, although I've warmed to them somewhat in recent
years. My father's brother was a UU minister and from my teens onward I
could never really see the point of UU as a religion. It always seemed to
me like a place for people who felt like they ought to be somewhere on
Sunday morning but didn't want to have the struggle of belief. *shrug*
YMMV. However, Sunday Assembly seems to have *really* managed this. Ugh. I
find that silly and pretentious.

Asfor the comment comparing UUs to Reform Jews, I'd take exception to that
too, and so would my friends who are RJs. They would argue that they at
least have tradition and, in most cases, belief. Non-observant (cultural
only) Jews would be another matter entirely.