[Magdalen] Feeling flu-ey. I'm sure it's a passing phase.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 04:38:29 UTC 2014

Got up from working today to get some groceries and immediately felt
potential flu symptoms, or maybe a cold. Dizzy-ish, nauseated-ish,
achey-ish, fever-very-ish. It's all at a very low level. I had my flu
shot, so certainly it isn't the flu. Kindly pray it away if you will.

Didn't keep me from playing a restored video of Lessons and Carols
from King's in the Boris Ord days (he was choirmaster). I was just
thinking of switching to something else when the dean said something
about those who "rejoice on another shore, and in a greater light." I
burst into tears, as you do. Just like when I last read the Prodigal
Son gospel at Vespers with my dear partner. That was a sobfest. I
think I'm seeing what matters most to me. I thought of Dad being on
that other shore (not so very far away) and rejoicing and thinking his
son needs to look up from all the work for this project and rejoice
too.

Both cats were transfixed by the L&C video...don't know whether it was
the music, the readings, or the flickering candles.

I'm subdeacon tomorrow and need to chant the Revelation lesson for
Childermas. No flu, please. Antigens, do your thing, bolstered by the
flu shot. Never mind the news items about it being a weak dosage this
year...surely the Chicago one is extra strong for us with the big
shoulders...

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA