[Magdalen] Rest Eternal +Charles Sturm

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 19:52:25 UTC 2014

Dear Friends,
Please pray for the repose of the soul of The Rev. Charles Sturm who has
died today.  Charlie, a loving and faithful priest and servant of Christ,
served The Episcopal Church in SC as a supply priest.  He frequently took
services at Good Shepherd.  He always made sure we knew that God love us
unconditionally, and he demonstrated that love through his love of each and
all of us.  He was a man of deep peace who in earlier days of his
retirement did prison ministry through Kairos.  He served as priest in
Michigan (not sure which diocese).  He was 87 years old and kept on keeping
on, with a slightly slowed step and a bright smile on his lips.  I love
Charlie Sturm and will miss him. I would imagine that everyone whose path
he crossed feels the very same today.

O God of grace and glory, we remember before you this day
our brother Charles. We thank you for giving him to us, his family
and friends, to know and to love as a companion on our earthly pilgrimage.
In your boundless compassion, console us who mourn. Give us faith to see in
death the gate of eternal life, so that in quiet confidence we may continue our
course on earth, until, by your call, we are reunited with those who have
gone before; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

*Amen.*

*Ginga*