[Magdalen] Shingles.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 01:36:51 UTC 2014

My mother had horrible facial shingles which, TBTG, did not get into her
eyes, but we were all at a loss to know how not. She was hospitalized in
isolation for a week, and no one who hadn't had chicken pox, and no
pregnant employee, was allowed near her. Forever after, she had episodes of
pain in the area where the shinges had been. My shingles were on my back,
under feminine undergarment straps (damned inconvenient!) and said not to
be severe, but they hurt all the way to the bone. I figured out what they
were right quick and went next door to the urgent care clinic, where I was
given antivirals and pain meds which I started on right away and which may
have significantly decreased the severity. Still, I'd just as soon not go
there again.