[Magdalen] Conservatives Chafe Under Francis

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:56:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 1:27 AM, Roy Murphy <roy.murphy at gmail.com> wrote:
> "It’s almost as if the Catholic Church was recently baptized in a vat of
> irony: so-called traditionalists—the same people who insisted that liberals
> fall in line behind John Paul II and Benedict XVI—are petulantly calling
> for schism and for bucking Church hierarchy. What makes it even more
> absurd: Francis isn’t all that liberal."

When the traditionalists were fluttering their eyelids each of the
many times they solemnly referred to "The Holy Father," I remember
wondering whether they would still do so for another pope who might
have a different approach. Sure enough, although they should fall in
line and show him the same deference, now it's a different story.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA