[Magdalen] Fantasy Wedding.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:24:42 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 7:34 AM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> I posted this for fun on one of the O/C groups, and I post it here
> for interest sake:
>

> With all the fuss about the recent George Clooney wedding in an  historic
> hotel in Venice, and the announcement that the wedding festivities are
> estimated
> to have cost some $13 million dollars, I wondered what kind of a
> traditional,
> church wedding one could get for that sum.

> (14)
> ​"​
> Bist
> ​ Du​
>  Bei Mir
> ​"
>
> ​--
>   Notebook
> ​ for
>  Anna Ma
> ​gdalena Bach​

A beautiful love song from the heart of the artist inimitable. Just for
her. I have always liked those songs and works that were written just for
the composer's beloved, such as the Siegfried Idyll
I wrote an arrangement for my voice range and sang it for my beloved at our
wedding vows renewal.

I got the midi for Unchained melody and sang that to her.
It was special for us because one time I had gone away for a weekend and
when I returned in the evening, she FLEW into my arms.  It turned out she
had been watching Ghost on TV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoEwR9_Sy_M

Aversion that would be great at the wedding, if with a bit less banter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2RQclUKdms

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente
​