[Magdalen] From the Historical Society.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 03:32:40 UTC 2014

When I was a travel nurse I used to get frequent calls from managers at
Craven Medical Center in New Bern begging me to sign on for an assignment
there. I met one nurse in my very first assignment in Cincinnati who had
done an assignment there and spoke positively of it. Every other comment I
ever heard about it from any traveler was highly condemnatory. I decided if
they were pretty much universally bad, it was *not* a place I wanted to be,
despite the charms of the area (I drove through it frequently on my way to
the beach from nearby Greenville, where I did an assignment one summer).
Thus I never spent any time there.