[Magdalen] GTS Agreement

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Nov 7 17:20:36 UTC 2014

If anyone has posted this, I've missed it. Are we really more interested in the
conflict than any kind of resolution?

>From ENS:

The following is a Nov. 5 statement announcing an agreement reached between the
board of trustees, dean and faculty of General Theological Seminary . Previous
coverage is available here.

The Board of Trustees, Dean, and Faculty of The General Theological Seminary
jointly announce that they have today (Nov. 5) reached an agreement regarding
the immediate issues which have led to heated debates within and without the
walls of the nation’s oldest Episcopal seminary. The resolution involves an
ongoing process of reconciliation, a reinstatement of all of the returning
faculty members on a provisional basis, and a re-affirmation of the
responsibilities of the Board of Trustees and the Dean. Spokespersons for all
involved stated that they supported the resolution and looked forward to
implementing together the mission of GTS to educate and form leaders for the
changing church in a changing world, as it has successfully done for almost 200
years.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie