[Magdalen] +Jeffrey Chicago's sermon at requiem for our late rector

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 03:08:34 UTC 2014

Last night we had a Solemn High Requiem Mass of the Resurrection for
the Repose of the Soul of Gary Peter Fertig, Priest in the Church of
God.

Here's the text of the bishop's sermon:
http://www.ascensionchicago.org/resources/news/bishop-lees-sermon-solemn-requiem-gary-fertig

Here's the music Fr. Fertig chose:

Organ:
Bach: Sonata III, BWV 527 - II. Adagio e dolce
Bach: Toccata in D Minor, BWV 565

Requiem aeternam, from the Requiem by Herbert Howells

Mass Setting: Collegium Regale, by Howells

Like as the hart desireth the water-brooks, by Howells

Jubilate Deo, by Benjamin Britten

Hymns:
645 The King of love my shepherd is (St. Columba)
665 All my hope on God is founded (Michael)
878 Sweet Sacrament divine (Divine Mystery)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA