[Magdalen] Update on my friend.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 8 03:25:38 UTC 2014

Sorry for no report on last Sunday's lunch and beach trip, but the reason is that she wasn't feeling up to it, and since every day's a new day of Stuff for her, I thought I'd wait till I had something to report.

Becky's doing better, but understandably she has her good days (most are good) and her bad days.  And the really good news is that after deciding the therapist she was seeing via the County's employee assistance program was not a good match, the idea I'd floated at the beginning about maybe giving Everett's a try, took center stage, and I gave said therapist a call.  Seems though advertised as a "marriage and family therapist", one of her specialities is trauma, and really appreciated I thought of her in regard to Becky.  They will be communicating soon, and I simply know this one will at least be a better match, if not a perfect one.  (Is there a perfect one?)  The other really good news is that early next week she finally gets herself and her children in with a batch of local doctors (mine, once again), so as to get settled medically now she's back in Salinas.

As for us getting together, she was dreading going back to work tomorrow after a doctor-ordered two additional weeks off so as to grieve and start feeling better, so I tossed out into the ether that we could meet an hour before she has to report, at a Starbucks (ick, but that's just me) nearby, so as to both give her something happy to look forward to, and carry as a memory with her once her shift starts at 2:45 pm (she's a nurse, if I hadn't mentioned).  She has way too many dogs in her life (eight, I believe), so I will be wearing Everett's tie-dye shirt with a cat's head in the middle of the design.