[Magdalen] Safely home

Susan Hutchinson shutchinsonca at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 03:45:54 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-12, at 6:37 AM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:

> It gets even more overcast in New England and then the extreme occurs
> in the Maritimes of Canada where all the low pressure systems seem to  end
> up.

Not my experience in Gaspé, which one could reasonably include in "the Maritimes" if it wasn't civilly in Quebec. Quebec also determined some decades ago that the area would be "moved" to the Eastern time zone. So despite a good chunk of the Peninsula being east of New Brunswick, it is an hour behind.

This means the sun sets at 3 pm in December. Yet except when it is actually snowing, or preparing to snow, Gaspé has wonderful winter sunlight. Blue skies and a brilliant blue sea, sparkling white snow and amazing sunrises and sunsets. I loved the winters there.

Vancouver is milder in temperature, but the winters tend to be a bit grey and wet. Although we are having a cold snap -- it only got to 8C today! But with the cold snap we are having wonderful sunny days. Yahoo!

blessings
Susan

Susan Hutchinson
shutchinsonca at gmail.com