[Magdalen] Prayers - cardiac worries

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 20:51:06 UTC 2014

Please dear friends, bear my father in law Noel in your prayers. He is due
to have an "implantable cardiac recorder" sited to help his doctor figure
out why he's been having dizzy spells in recent months and years.

As he's now in the upper Eighties and living alone, he's finding it hard to
deal with this and coping with the worry is sapping his energy and
strength, as well as his peace of mind. We are wondering whether it's
counter productive, since presumably the desired outcome is better health,
not sleepless nights and raised blood pressure!! But ours not to reason why
and he's not of a generation that would even make personal demands of the
medical profession let alone argue with it.

I have also wondered why a doctor would want to put an elderly person
through this - or maybe simply not expect him to be anxious about it.

Sally D