[Magdalen] She's at it again!

Lynn Ronkainen ichthys89 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 13 23:00:58 UTC 2014

> Also, from this week's New Yorker, p. 33:
> "citizens stared bug-eyed at red-and-blue maps on their TV screens to
> puzzle out whether Kansans, who constitute less than one per cent of
> the population ... might determine President Obama's ability to
> legislate, appoint judges, and ratify treaties."
> -M

as people have been reflecting for some years now about the demise of Rome
and the similarities in the USA... it occurs to me that it's not just the
governance/apathy/polarization/centralization craziness that in some way
mimics what was going on in the Roman capital part; it is also the far
flung, no longer feeling relevant to the whole or wanting to be part of the
whole  and pushing back, that is also a puzzle piece of this comparison.

.02ingly
Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck

Thomas Merton writes, “People may spend their whole lives climbing the
ladder of success only to find, once they reach the top, that the ladder is
leaning against the wrong wall.”

"What you seek is seeking you." - Rumi