[Magdalen] Roger 2015 (was Re: weather/temps...)

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 03:05:19 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Lynn Ronkainen <ichthys89 at comcast.net>
wrote:

> Roger some Midwestern delights to research and consider:
>
> St. Louis, Missouri where there is a great arch built to show that St.
> Louis was the gateway to the west, most of the land acquired in the
> Louisiana Purchase ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Purchase )
> during the presidency of Thomas Jefferson, who commissioned Merriwether
> Lewis and William Clark to explore and chart all the way to the Pacific
> IIRC, which they did.  U

If you do get to the St Louis area and are interested in the Lewis/Clark -
make a visit to St John's Episcopal Church in Eolia.
http://tinyurl.com/m3dqarl

They have 2 services a month there - and one of the explorers is buried in
the churchyard. We sang some Sacred Harp there maybe as far back as 10
years ago. It's an hour or a little more north of St Louis.

P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
 <http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted