[Magdalen] Happy birthday Sally Davies - November 15

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 17:19:40 UTC 2014

Thanks, everyone! It's been a day of rushing around, as Evan was invited to
a Bar Mitzvah. Ceremony at lunchtime, then home, then back for the party -
dropped him off an hour ago at one of the city's best restaurants which
happens to be owned by the family of the BM child. So they will be getting
top notch pizza for supper! I will arrive suspiciously early to pick him up
again.

Earlier went to watch some show jumping (World Cup Qualifiers), and hope to
see some more tomorrow - they'll be trying to beat the national record for
a jump.

And I'm cooking my own birthday supper, as Keith decided to come home for
the weekend, though he'll be on his way again by midday tomorrow. Still,
it's nice that he could be here, his life has been so busy lately and all
his work is away from home - Cape Town for a movie, Jo'burg for a TV show
and training days, Durban for a different TV show. After a very quiet year
everything's picked up again for him, which is all good if somewhat
exhausting.

Tomorrow my Mom offered to make supper and the rest of the family (sister
and children) will also come along. Not sure about my brother in law, he's
at war with everyone at the moment, but we'll see, stranger things have
happened.

It's been a week of Big Winds with PE living up to its reputation as the
Windy City. This morning I went out to find that a tree - a sort of spiky
cactus tree that I didn't much like anyway - had fallen down flat. Luckily
it didn't stop me gettiing out of the garage and even more luckily I'd
already arranged for our Zimbabwean friend Farai to come and do the garden
today. He's amazingly strong and was able to cut the thing up and carry it
into the back yard out of sight of the neighbours.

Did you know that the phrase "Do not be afraid" appears 365 times in the
Bible? Or is that just a Facebook myth? Whatever, it's a very good
watchword for the year ahead. Fear not,  little flock!!

On Saturday, 15 November 2014, Georgia DuBose <gdubose at gmail.com