[Magdalen] Oatmeal time

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 03:02:22 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 8:52 PM, James Handsfield <jhandsfield at icloud.com>
wrote:

> Time to prepare oatmeal for breakfast. Steel cut oatmeal into boiling
> water with a pinch of salt, boil for a minute, turn off the heat, cover and
> let sit until morning. Reheat and serve with cream and a little sweetener.

When I was in Cork in 2012, The B & B where I stayed began the breakfast
with porridge (steel-cut oats) with about a teaspoon of Baileys or Irish
Whisky (your choice).

Last night, I made a pot of oatmeal - enough for several days. Warm some up
each morning. The steel cut oats are a delight.

I tend to alternate by week - next week, I'll make several days worth of
Red River.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
 <http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted