[Magdalen] California drought

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 17 08:59:52 UTC 2014

On 16/11/2014 23:43, M J [Mike] Logsdon wrote:
> but growing all that stuff in one place really isn't a great idea. (rant
> off)<<<
>
> Okie doke.  When we dry up and blow away, I'll make sure I say nothing here.

I think the rant was against the monoculture specifically.  If you
concentrate the growing of anything in one area, be it plants, birds or
animals, you are creating the conditions for disease to flourish.
Certainly California needs some flora to stabilise the soil but
preferably something that does not suck the soil dry while producing a
marketable crop.

Roger