[Magdalen] Advent is coming!

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 17 19:53:31 UTC 2014

That is also one of my favorite hymns: to be sung at my funeral, because
that and Wie Schoen Leuchtet are considered the King and Queen of Chorales.
I will always program those hymns at any important personal occasion. For
my 25th anniversary. I did that setting with the choir and the final verse
just the chorale. I had a Sacred Dance Ensemble choreograph the entire hymn
with the chorale setting in  a very elaborate rendition ending in  dance
flourishes for the physical recessional. (The previous verses were all over
the place because they choreographed the Solemn Removal of the Paschal
Candle on the last Mass of Pentecost (I can't find the video, when I do I
should have it transferred to a youtube or vimeo program.

Joe