[Magdalen] snow

Esther Williamson momohl1 at cox.net
Wed Nov 19 17:20:29 UTC 2014

Below is part of a note from my sister who is in East Aurora, NY. She is
well and truly snowed in. Thankfully she still has power.

Esther

"Update:

Sunshine for a few hours today - then there's another one coming with
1-2 more feet. We have 5 feet of snow now. It looks like a Dr. Zhivago
set out there. We are all confined to home - driving ban everywhere;
thruway closed from Rochester to Pa. line; many other express roads
closed.

The 2nd band is supposed to hit this afternoon and last through until
sometime tomorrow.

Huge funeral scheduled for Saturday - don't know how I will even get
there, but probably a lot of other people won't, either (someone will
come for me if the driving ban is off.) We are prepared for 500 people -
the Roycroft is springing for the reception (this is the former owner of
the Roycroft who was still on the board. She took my EfM class a few
years back and we became very close friends.

I am of course nervous about things like the roof caving in, one of our
trees falling on us, especially about losing power, etc. I try to ignore
those thoughts but of course they keep coming back. It's hard just
trying to get a door open to let the dog in and out - and believe me,
she doesn't want to go out! Ha."

---