[Magdalen] Prayers - work stress

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 23 04:55:11 UTC 2014

I don't think I've been to Sudbury. Vicki comes from the Wallaceburg,
Ontario branch of our family. My great grandparents moved there around 1867
from Kingston, My grandfather built the family home in 1886 when he married
Margaret Carolan (John and Catherine Laviolette) That homestead stayed in
the family until 1994 with the death of the last of the grandchildren of
that couple (Carolan-Laviolette) to live in that home.. I think Vicki and
her mother had a chance to buy the home. I think they used to live in
Chatham. From Vicki's website Sudbury does not sound too bad. She is trying
to create or preserve a cultural life in Sudbury. I have no idea what the
town is like; but I have heard about it for several years.

I still have relatives in the Toronto area, but Vicki and I are into
genealogy so we keep in touch. There is still family in Wallaceburg and on
the American side in Algonac. I used to take the ferry from Wallaceburg to
Algonac with my German Shepherd Sarge, and the Indians used to ask me
"Where did you get that red wolf?" I think he was a hybrid.. More distant
relatives are in Quebec. My grandfather Ulric (who married Margaret
Carolan) came from Coteau du Lac, Quebec.

Joe Cirou