[Magdalen] LAST CALL - LISTGIVE Christmas gift exchange 2014

Lynn Ronkainen ichthys89 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 23 23:16:38 UTC 2014

{an aside... this is the 4th and last note in the pub... I will be assigning
givees to givers  tomorrow morning (Monday) so by then it will be too late}

The annual Maggie's Pub 'listgive' is where people in the pub who are
interested sign up and agree to  send a gift to the name they are given  -
someone else in out pub who wants to participate... in return, everyone who
sends a gift will receive one from another member of the  pub, whose
identity they will discover only after receiving their own package. It is
fun to participate and anticipate!  Read on for rules and info, provided so
I can make name assignments. Lynn  ~ Tomorrow, November 24, the
name-matching begins!

Hear Ye, Here Ye!!!  Attention in the PUB!!  (empty beer mug/coffee mug
being semi-loudly
tapped on bar to get attention)

I had planed to send this out on November first and only remembered again
today... but never the less, my invitation is being cast out on the 'net' to
all in the pub.  Once again this year, rather than bringing out my old,
funny, and somewhat timeworn  invite from years gone by, I thought I'd just
throw it out there.... if you have any big questions (like what in the world
are you talking about???) send me an email privately (
ichthys89 at comcast.net )... and I've answered the 'usual suspect' questions
below.... so let the Christmas planning begin!!

No magic number is needed for this to work so no pressure to participate. It
is however, very fun.

(it's mostly about us sending a  present  to a list-sib near or far....  the
senders are randomly matched with receivers - in other words, you do not
receive from the person  you are sending to)

I will sent out recipient names on or before the Monday before U.S.
Thanksgiving (28 November) ,  and I'll re-post this invite several times
before then.

If you want to participate in the Christmas Listgive (a present  approximate
value $15.oo USD)  drum roll................

DO NOT RESPOND TO THE LIST ! Cymbals clash (where are you Dan??)  [note, Dan
has gotten out the cymbals and done his thing]

BUT... (sound of "anticipation" from iPhone 'ring' list)

PLEASE  cut and paste info below or just FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ME with info
provided @ :  ichthys89 at comcast.net,  having filled  out the following info
below that appears between the asterisks:

Your Name

Street Address

preference for gift destination: choose 1, 2, OR 3

1. USA only

2. USA & Canada

3. ANYWHERE (could end up being Canada, UK, NZ, South Africa)

Please remember that once you've made the commitment to participate it is
important to follow through so no one is disappointed.

I will acknowledge your email indicating you wish to participate when it
arrives so if you don't hear back from me let me know.

LET   THE   2014   LISTGIVE   BEGIN!!!

peace
Lynn

ps. this has been going on for the 10 years I've been in the pub and my
email file tells me that I've been ListGive-Mom* since 2007, however, I do
not keep records of the pairings I've done, so I'm sure one of these times
people will be giving or getting form someone they've been paired with
before... it's all good...

*Listgive-Mom equates with being 'soccer mom', but it only takes place
annually, not every game of the season!

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck

Thomas Merton writes, "People may spend their whole lives climbing the
ladder of success only to find, once they reach the top, that the ladder is
leaning against the wrong wall."

"What you seek is seeking you." - Rumi