[Magdalen] 39 today

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Nov 24 15:46:28 UTC 2014

>  >> Happy 39th, Claudine!>>>

You're much too young to have followed the USA comedian,
Jack Benny (mostly radio but some TV before he retired).  He
was a very big name in the entertainment world in the 1940's
and 1950's.

In any case, Benny continued to indicate that he was 39 a couple
decades beyond his actual 39th, and it was the source of much
amusement in those simpler days.

My 39th birthday was in temporary quarters, Gibbs Housing Area,
Frankfurt/M, Germany.  I could write a book about the Gibbs  Area!

Another notable birthday, my 21st, featured my working in an all-day
physiological chemistry lab my freshman year in medical school.
This was not my favorite activity.

David Strang.