[Magdalen] 39 today

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Nov 24 17:52:01 UTC 2014

In a message dated 11/24/2014 11:49:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

And  there's not much we all can do about the increasing of the Number.
Aging  happens! >>>>

And then there are the pseudoscientific studies that suggest this or  that
about extending the years.  They are often of questionable  value.

I take CME (Continuing Medical Education) credits to maintain my
licenses.  Most of these are in my specialty area, but I take one  such
course in Family Practice.  The exam I finished this morning had  a
question about a "study" of individuals who drive (cars).  The study  came
to the "conclusion" that inferred driving confers cognitive function
benefits.

Actually, maintenance of good cognitive ability has many factors, and  it
would instead seem more logical that those who continue to drive a  car
into the riper years do so as a side effect of good cognitive  ability.
IOW, driving is unlikely the cause of good cognition, but rather the
result.

(Now, I'm going to rush right out and do more driving to sharpen my
cognition and extend my years :-)

David Strang.- Feeling cognitional today.