[Magdalen] Who'd a Tnunk it?

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 26 21:03:03 UTC 2014

Well there is Lutheran variety in Atlanta.
I am playing this week at an ELCA church that is of the all Eucharist
variety, but just a few blocks down the street from where I live is a
primarily Afro-American ELCA that has Communion on the first and third
Sunday. I have played in both Missouri Synod and ELCA churches in town and
they were basically Communion every Sunday. I think some churches with 2
services may not serve communion at one of those services. And Yes, the
Lutheran Church down town uses incense occasionally as well as hosting the
Atlanta German Community for Gottesdienst with the pastor--singing
ministerial chant but vested in Geneva Robe, ruff, and preaching tabs (ala
Europe) (I just missed out getting a sub there, some had called right
before me)

Joe