[Magdalen] Prayer pats, please? (Depression)

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 21:53:14 UTC 2014

In some years, I think my issue with Thanksgiving was that I thought
the expectation was for a warm, cozy, perfect environment...fall
leaves on the ground, a bit cold out, crackling fire inside, the
Christmas tree up already of course, delicious smells, eternal wait
for the sumptuous dinner, everyone on best behavior and leaving all
negativity behind.

And I thought I couldn't possibly live up to that as an adult. Was
wonderfully comforting and special as a child. Now it's just being
pleasant and *being there* so the young ones can feel as I did about
the holidays. I feel challenged to do that and assume I'm a downer or
a non-entity in that realm. I'm the loved but odd and a bit sad
uncle/brother/son. Maybe that's OK. I know Mom would say it is.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA