[Magdalen] tomorrow's menu

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Nov 27 06:05:52 UTC 2014

In a message dated 11/26/2014 11:46:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

As for  rutabagas, at some point this winter we may get them in our "bounty
share"  box from Relay Foods. If we do, I shall make a valiant effort to
like  them...but they will most likely be roasted, not casseroled. Just  the
thought of rutabagas en casserole gives me the shudders. However,  I
have discovered that most veggies are delicious  roasted.>>>

In the Strang house rutabagas were always cooked until soft,
and then mashed like potatoes.  My mother would also put them
in home-made soups.

One of the towns in my hometown sports league has an annual
"Rutabaga Festival" indicating the popularity of the vegetable.

David S.