[Magdalen] Thanksgivings Past.

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 27 21:12:30 UTC 2014

Hi David,

I went to St Phillip's today for the Choral Eucharist which included one of
my favorites: Benjamin Britten's Jubilate which was especially appropriate
for the Centenary year of his birth.
However, as a former Chicagoan, Monee is about 5 miles south of Park
Forest. I used to ride my bike there regularly and stop at a wonderful
French Canadian restaurant, I forget it's name (in fact there are a few
French restaurants around there because the area has a French heritage
between there and Kankakee). Sauk Village is closer to Indiana and there is
another town right at the border whose name I have forgotten. I would drive
30 sometimes straight to Fort Wayne when I had a Byzantine Rite Mission
there.

There must have been a local IC that went to Monee in your time. I know the
first stop on the Ic Mainline was Kankakee.
When I lived in Park Forest, they extended the suburban line to what was
then Park  Forest South now University Park because of my alma mater
Governor's State University (that's where I got my MA in music with a
concentration in voice)

It became semi rural within a few miles when I lived in Park Forest and I
would bike the byways several times a week and stop at some of the
restaurants in Crete, Monee, I still have friends that live in Crete.

Joe