[Magdalen] Episcopal News Service highlights Episcopal Church in South Carolina

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 27 22:20:25 UTC 2014

On 27/11/2014 22:04, James Oppenheimer-Crawford wrote:
> So there are two dioceses there also.
>
> James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford

There is what is termed the Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina with
Mark Lawrence as their bishop.  The latest state of court judgements is
that they are entitled to retain use of that description, the diocesan
shield, etc.  The other group is called the Episcopal Church in South
Carolina.  They are the group listed on the Episcopal Church's website.
If you browse that site by diocese you will come to
http://www.episcopalchurch.org/diocese/south-carolina and their
Provisional Bishop is Charles vonRosenberg.

I know Ginga has to be very careful about what she writes and there are
various orders in place barring the group who look to +Charles as their
bishop and +Katharine as their Primate from doing anything that might
suggest they are the real Diocese of South Carolina.  I tried to be
careful in what I said when I was there but I am grateful to +Charles
who, after consulting my own bishop, gave me permission to preside and
preach at the Eucharist in Summerville as an expression of the Worldwide
Anglican Communion.

Roger